Nylander Museum of Natural History

The Nylander Museum of Natural History was built as a WPA project and dedicated in 1939. The museum was designed to house the collections of Olof O. Nylander, a self-taught scholar and scientist who emigrated from Oremella, Sweden. Nylander's interests varied widely, from geology and paleontology to local flora and fauna. 

Today, the Nylander Museum houses the original Nylander collection plus additional specimens and exhibits that have been donated or are on loan to the museum.

Related Stories
32